(keitai-l) AW: Re: i-mode reaching one million european users

From: Jan Michael Hess <jan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 03/02/04
I do agree that Nokia does not support i-mode well in Europe.
The interaction of browsing and email is crucial for the i-mode
success and adoption.

Natsuno-san announced in Cannes at 3GSM that later in 2004, probably
just before christmas in Q4/04, we will see the N900i in Europe
which is one of the latest FOMA devices in Japan. He said: "With this phone
in Europe the device gap will be eliminated". Natsuno-san sold
40.000 units of the N900i the first day of launch.

Maybe after this event Nokia et al. will develop fully i-mode compliant
devices.

At 3GSM in Cannes the CEOs of KPN Mobile and Bouygues Telecom all
agreed that i-mode has reached the momentum now.

So if Natsuno-san keeps his promises, i-mode will play a big role
in 2005 in Europe.

BTW, Arun Sarin, Vodafone's CEO, said that Vodafone Live! has got
5 million users in 16 countries now (not counting Japan I believe).
So this compares not too badly with 2 million i-moders outside of Japan.
Especially if you look at the massive marketing budget Vodafone spent
since the launch of its Live! service.

Best from Berlin,

Jan.

Jan Michael Hess