(keitai-l) KDDI/Nintendo 's Mobile Adapter GB

From: Justin Hall <justin_at_bud.com>
Date: 03/05/04
Howdy Keitai-Lers -

A few years back, Nintendo announced a deal with KDDI to provide a "Mobile
Adapter GB" - linking GameBoys and keitai for multiplayer and information
services.

info here:

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010205S0025

picture here:

http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=258&page=3

There was talk of "24 million shipped the first year."  And it seemed like a
genuine new product announcement, not vaporware - except that I haven't seen
signs of the Mobile Adapter GB since.  Not when I was in Japan, not in
Akihabara, not at the Tokyo Game Show.  Not on Keitai-L (not after some
activity in 2000).

Did the Mobile Adapter GB ever come out?  Did it go anywhere?

Justin

Justin Hall
http://www.links.net/share/write/