(keitai-l) tip: one-click machine translation from Japanese web pages

From: Nikola Toshev <nik_at_blue-edge.bg>
Date: 03/05/04
This is not really about keitai, but should be useful for many list members
who don't know Japanese but would like to browse Japanese web content.
Altavista's Babelfish is the most useful machine translation from Japanese
that I know. You can make it very convenient by adding a shortcut to your
browser's link bar, with the following link:

javascript:void(location =
'http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=' +
escape(location.href))

When you browse a Japanese page and hit the link, the translated page will
load immediately in your browser (it would work on any javascript-enabled
browser). The links you follow would also be translated automatically.

Nik

Disclaimer: I could not find any terms of service for Babelfish. Such use
(it bypasses all Altavista logos and ads) might be considered inappropriate.