(keitai-l) Re: WML access to phone variables

From: <zblut_at_excite.co.jp>
Date: 03/08/04
Hello,

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:24:43 +0900, Sam
Joseph <gaijin@yha.att.ne.jp> wrote:

> Quick wap question.  Does anybody know if
there is some way to access
> details about a phone from within the WML
environment?
> I'm sure that if there is it is likely to
be massively phone
> dependent.   What I am really interested in
is if you can get access to
> a users bookmarks, or to their url history.

There is the WTAPublic library for wmlscript
that some handsets
support.  Although, it will not do what you
want,  it is probably the
closest as it lets you add a phone book entry
or make calls.  What you
want is mostly restricted information,
perhaps if you were to write an
Symbian/Brew/other open terminal OS API you
can get access to such
info.

> There is also mention that WMLScript can be
used to access the
> UserAgent, but I can't see a specific
example like getVar("UserAgent")
> .... Does anyone know of  alist of
variables that can be accessed in
> this fashion?

Take a look at the wmlscript URL library.
For more WML related
questions you may want to take a look at the
WML programming mailing
list: