(keitai-l) Re: Is H3G's poor performance killing the partnerships and handsets?

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 03/11/04
My two eurocent worth: Debt is usually *good* for business. A company that
has less debt is not necessarily a better company.  It is how that debt is
utilised and managed that is important. Debt is a mechanism to assist
companies to grow. To extrapolate: this why governments should and must
borrow - but at the right time and amount- and why nobody pays for a house
with cash.

With MNOs the key question for shareholders: are MNOs a growth tech stock OR
a utility stock. This has massive implications for the whole business as it
can be rephrased as: Is the MNO simply the pipe (i.e. utility) OR a
content/technology provider.

John

www.alatto.com