(keitai-l) Re: Is H3G's poor performance killing the partnerships and handsets?

From: Darren Luckett <darren_at_www.ukmedia.us>
Date: 03/11/04
no debt - you must be joking. how do you think a small sized british mobile
phone company manged to buy all those other networks - profits? Ill tell
you, by going cap in hand to the banks. when i worked from them - less then
a 1 year ago, their debts where huge. i cant be bothered to track down the
figure but 400 billion dollars with no profit until 2012 spring to mind.

judging by vodafone shareholders reaction to the possible purchase of at&t i
wouldnt say their spending power is as you say.

i know you arent keen on things docomo - judging by your blog site. knocking
docomo is easy, becuase they are the leaders. i copied many ideas from
docomo that went into the creation of vodafone live. i was as equally proud
of vodafone as you seem, but the fact still remains that docomo sold over
160,000 n900i's in its first week. And in the UK how many of the biggest
selling device shift - nokia 7600 - 3000 units.

oh yes, and i have just downloaded the software patch for my n900i. i didnt
need to take it back to the shop as i did my 7110, t68i, 8310 and t610.
what a great and logical feature. another for the europe to copy.

if docomo take over mm02, then the future definately isnt orange, noteven
red, but yellow. i for one shall welcome the people for the land of the
rising sun with greateful arms..

darren

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:55:36 -0000, Benedict Evans wrote