(keitai-l) Re: Mobitopia reports N-Gage at 140 euros and falling....

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 03/11/04
What is so special about this?
I can't see the point to get excited about
this, in Japan such price development would
not even make the news.

In Japan it's totally common that gadgets
like this including mobile phones drop dramatically
in price after 1/2 - 1 year on the market.
Sometimes even to zero or almost zero, e.g. 1yen.

Maybe after imode, camera phones, color screens,
the pricing models are also coming from Japan to
Europe...

Gerhard

Giovanni Bertani wrote:
> The N-Gage is on sale in Germany at 149 euros:
> http://www.mobitopia.com/20040311.html#110359
> Is this the end word at the N-Gage success?
> Cheers
> Giovanni
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html