(keitai-l) Re: Bill Gates doesn't believe in MS Smartphone future?

From: Giovanni Bertani <giovanni.bertani_at_exsense.com>
Date: 03/21/04
Il giorno 21/mar/04, alle 01:46, Darren Luckett ha scritto:

> “First, he said, on a video player, "there’s just no equivalent of
> headphones." That is, when you put on headphones and press Play on a
> music
> player, the results are spectacular-you get a very close equivalent to
> the
> concert-hall experience. But watching video on a tiny three-inch
> hand-held
> screen is almost nothing like the experience of watching a movie in a
> theater or even on TV. It can’t approach the same realism or emotional
> impact.”

I really agree with this. Also a video--out enabled iPod will be in any
case a much more
niche product than the current audio models. I imagine that if the
rumors are true we could
expect to separate trajectories in the iPod development.

iPod mini pushing to lower costs and sizes (Maybe an iPod Micro?)

iPod pushing to lower costs but improving storage (How far you can go
to make more available storage for music interesting?)

iPod video with video out, color screen for previewing content (Not
watching), memory cards reader, firewire in (?) and video out

The last much more expensive and targeted to digital photo and digital
video users.

Another story are the rumors about a home media center from Apple...

Cheers

Giovanni