(keitai-l) Re: Brew Browser

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 03/25/04
> Let's concentrate on designing experiences that make sense on mobile
> devices rather then squeezing the desktop web experience onto a small
> screen.

exactly, this the very effort nearly ten years ago by the pioneers at
the Unwired Planet who designed the UP wireless Internet platform,
the forerunner of WAP.

many people downplay the importance of HDML card stack design and
techniques to bypass the TCP and other protocols which have problems
on the long thin losy wireless link.  they don't have idea what they
are talking about.

WAP is not technically sound in solving all the problems but it's
the right direction.  OMA is a huge organization today but I hope
it won't hamper new ideas.  actually I see many coming from a lot of
Japanese companies ... thanks to i-mode.