(keitai-l) Re: Brew Browser

From: Joseph Bowbeer <jozart_at_blarg.net>
Date: 03/28/04
Bill Volk writes:

>Given the 'fine' job the folks building the various J2ME VM's ...

I've found the quality to be consistently good across all DoJa handsets.
DoJa wisely (luckily?) avoided the biggest bugaboo on MIDP handsets: namely
RMS.  On DoJa, persistent storage is a single random-access file, but at
least it's fast and reliable...

J-Phone hasn't been a problem in the past year or so, either, nor KDDI/au --
though I haven't worked with a KDDI MIDP phone in a while.

The situation in USA and Europe has been a different story, though improving
bit by bit.  I hope the new testing initiative will result in more
improvements.
--
Joe Bowbeer

UIEvolution www.uievolution.com
a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix USA !