(keitai-l) Re: optimized service for mobile phones

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/29/04
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Ken Chang wrote:

> is there anyone here complains that BML should be based on HTML?

I don't know. Was there a large pool of content developers already
familiar with a similar system that they wanted developing and
broadcasting content on the new system?

Docomo has come right out and said that making it easy for developers
to get into doing i-mode pages was a high priority. Having done both
CHTML and WML development, I can tell you that it's way, way cheaper and
easer to get into CHTML, both for new pages and for porting existing
sites. Going for a technologically inferior solution that gives you more
content is not an unreasonable business business decision at all. And
I'm not even convinced that WML is superior anyway.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org