(keitai-l) Re: location based gaming

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/03/04
Yes. i-appli's have access to location.
The railway norikae appli automatically selects
the closed railway station as the starting point.

Gerhard
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html

Sam Joseph wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if Foma supports any location based information that could
> be used by a java game.  I just downloaded the Doja3.5 emulator and docs
> from docomo
> but can't see anything to strongly indicate this would be so.  I ask
> because although 3G does not include GPS by default - I thought that 3G
> often included support for some degree of location based services -
> either via cells, or triangulation.  I know docomo has their i-area
> service which sounds like it is cell based, but does anybody know of any
> location information that can be accessed in the Foma JVM?

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]