(keitai-l) Supermarionation & Super Mario Bros.

From: David Harper <dharper_at_wirelessink.com>
Date: 04/04/04
Hello all (and JAH),

I have a question for all the gamers out there.

I'm sure we are all familiar with Gerry Anderson's various animated TV
shows produced in the 50's and 60's - Supercar, Fireball XL5,
Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet et all. This period is referred to as the
'Supermarionation' era. "Marionation" coming the marionette character
animation with "super" referencing the level the art form achieved.

Now this is the question. When the game "Mario Bros" and the "Super
Mario Bros." were created (featuring animated game characters - no
strings attached.) did the name origin have anything to do with the
"Supermarionation" concept?

This question is driving me crazy. Help.

Dave

David Harper
Co-Founder, Wireless Ink
Mobilizing the Masses