(keitai-l) Re: Supermarionation & Super Mario Bros.

From: Jason Pollard <jasonpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04/05/04

> I'm sure we are all familiar with Gerry Anderson's various animated TV
> shows produced in the 50's and 60's - Supercar, Fireball XL5,
> Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet et all.

I've never heard of any of those shows.  Except for Capt. Scarlet which is
sampled on LTJ Bukem's Mixmag Live Vol. 3 CD.

> Now this is the question. When the game "Mario Bros" and the "Super
> Mario Bros." were created (featuring animated game characters - no
> strings attached.) did the name origin have anything to do with the
> "Supermarionation" concept?
>
> This question is driving me crazy. Help.

No.  Mario was the plumber(?) guy with a sledgehammer in Donkey Kong.  He got a
brother Luigi in Mario Bros.  I googled this link:
http://www.smbhq.com/who.htm

--Jason, whose youth wasn't totally wasted playing these games.