(keitai-l) Re: nokia 6230 , does java apps have access to memory ?

From: Jonas Petersson <zap_at_xms.se>
Date: 04/06/04
William Volk wrote:
> Benjamin asks:
>>does java apps have access to the phone memory  , especially the
>> memory card, or the inboard 8mo of ram ?
>
> The 6230 is a series 40 Nokia phone.  It has access to ram ... but only
> it's own record store.  You MIGHT want to check out the Nokia extensions
> to the MIDP 1.0 for Series 40.  There could be some classes that allow
> you to access the file system used by the camera.

Be sure to let me know if you find any - as hinted earlier: AFAIK, you
can not reach the common image store from java, nor is the 6230 camera
usable from java (it *SHOULD* be, but it isn't in the current firmware).
So basically, from a java standpoint, the 6230 camera is useless.

		But I'd love to wrong... / Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson  |  XMS Penvision  |  mailto:Jonas.Petersson@xms.se
Box 3294, Västgötegatan 13, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se/