(keitai-l) Re: Keitai email addresses

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/16/04
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Scarface wrote:

> I just want to send emails from PC to any keitai, so i need one of these
> domains.....
> Do you think forging the send/return address will work?

That you probably cannot do. You could try forging the address (make
sure you change the envelope sender as well as the From: line in your
mail), but I am suspecting that even so, the mail gateways will block
you. The envelope and header From: may appear to be ok, but since you're
connecting to a mail gateway via SMTP, it's they can tell it's not mail
from one of their own phones, and they probably check the address of the
connecting server in order to distinguish other keitai providers, if
they even use the same gateway.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org