(keitai-l) Re: Nokia warns of tough times ahead

From: Darren Luckett <darren_at_ukmedia.us>
Date: 04/21/04
I have a nice slim P504i, openable with just  a flick of the wrist -
one of the best keitai ever made.
>Nice but tacky. cheap looking. however, a very nice press button open phone
feature.

The latest Japenese clamshells seem a
pretty clunky lot - they close with the sound of on old Yugo.  And if
it is clams they are modeled after, it is the sumo-wrestlers end of the
clam population...
>Sumo-wrestlers? i think not. have u seen the n900i - the f1 of phones...

Now - natch! - you poor folks back in blighty don't have phones with
any halfway decent features, so probably it isn't an issue yet...
>Have u seen the nec808 - oh dear me. still, they have some very nice phones
back in England with far superior operating systems. symbian?

But is there really an serious alternative for a semi-rugged (i.e
kidproof) high quality, full featured, power guzzlin' behemoth than a
clam shell?
>Yes, two paper cups and a piece of string...

Nick

This mail was sent to address darren@ukmedia.us