(keitai-l) Re: Mobile 3D Users & Future Trends

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 04/27/04
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Ken Chang wrote:

> I think the Europeans and Americans are overwhelming stronger in IT.

True. But then again, the Japanese have a lot of relatively poorly paid
hard workers that they throw at projects. It ain't efficient, but they
still produce software that more or less works.

> i-mode vs WAP is kinda like Mt. Fuji vs Mt. Everest if you compare
> the technical weights behind them.

I think that WAP is a classic case of overdesign. An excellent
comparison for WAP vs. i-mode is probably ISO/OSI vs. TCP/IP. I remember
Marshall Rose saying, a little over a decade ago, that ISO/OSI was going
to be the protocol of the 90s. Well, it still is. :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org