(keitai-l) Re: Reading novels etc on Mobiles Japan

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 04/30/04
 > Heard of any studies in Jpn on teaching with
 > the ketai?

Yes, we did a very comprehensive markt analysis
about english-language teaching on ketai - however
this was a commercial market and strategy work,
to create competitive advantage for this particular
customer in the market place, so we can only comment
in general terms, and cannot publish the study.

Maybe I can say in general, that English language
teaching on i-mode is important, and there many
interesting approaches.

My guess is that this will increase once flat data fee
contracts are more wide spread and people don't have
to pay anymore extra for every data packet.

Gerhard

Michael Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Is this really catching on Japan I wonder.. want to write it up for New
> Media age magazine in UK. Anyone had experience? Education side looks
> especially interesting. Anyone heard of teachers using the mobile to
> increase literacy, etc? Heard of any studies in Jpn on teaching with
> the ketai?
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
fasol_at_eurotechnology.com               http://www.eurotechnology.com/
Find us in "IBM developerWorks" and in "Chemical & Engineering News":
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/wireless/library/wi-elite8.html
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8049/8049bus1.html