(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo MelodyCall

From: Benjamin Joffe <benjamin_at_newtgames.com>
Date: 05/28/04
Despite the huge potential of this service, DoCoMo has been busy promoting
its FOMA phones and convincing both customers and investors.

Trying to push an RBT service at that time would probably only have ended in
confusion for the customer to whom they were saying "please buy
videophones".
(though there has been a TV advertisement running for a few weeks
when the RBT service was launched)

We can probably expect DoCoMo to start pushing this service in a few
months once the FOMA
replacement will be obvious even for overseas investors (^^;)
As you wrote, the Korean formula is the benchmark and I would add that
there is no hurry for launch,
as the path for making this service successful is now known and entirely
controlled by the operator,
as the service is network-based.

Benjamin