(keitai-l) Re: The first FOMA T bluetooth mobiles arrive

From: Mike Derouin <mderouin_at_mmhouse.com>
Date: 06/03/04
> Sent: June 3, 2004 4:50 AM
> To: keitai-l@appelsiini.net
> Subject: (keitai-l) Re: The first FOMA T bluetooth mobiles arrive
> Why  do you think Bluetooth as been so unpopular in Japan?
> Is due to some kind of prejudice to western technology?
> Giovanni

Headsets and computer connections never seemed to be as popular with
Japanese users.  And cellco's have always preferred 'forcing' their network
to be used rather than a pc to get your ringtones, photos etc.  Not that I
am a conspiracy theorist, but perhaps there is some collusion?

I find it comical how often the Mac/Windows debate comes up.  Neither are as
perfect as their proponents perceive them to be.  Our company has helped out
MANY Mac bluetooth issues (look at the driver lineage, or try using iChat, a
cell phone and a headset, or try...)   Personally, I have been using the
same v.1 of the first (godawfully expensive) bluetooth card that we could
find, and have had it working absolutely flawlessly between my t68 and
notebook (windows) and PDA for 3 years now.  Does this make me think that
everyone else is having flawless connections?  No, because I have helped out
many an executive while helping them configure their unlocked 'toys'...

Bluetooth troubles are, in my experience, more often than not device
(usually phone, but also headset etc..) related.

Mike