(keitai-l) Re: UK mobile phone gender split/3g usage

From: Cedric NICOLAS <cedric.nicolas_at_helo.biz>
Date: 06/06/04
>I thought this was fantastic news; presuming that "less than 40%" means

>somewhere between 35 and 40%, that's quite high usage (for UK
>anyway)... whilst UK 3G users aren't too representative of the public
>at large right now, having 35-40% of UK mobile owners regularly using
>3G data services would be excellent for the industry.

Hmmm... I don't agree. If 40% of TV owners where using regularly their
TV sets, we wouldn't find that excellent for the media status...
Additionally the statement wasn't describing usage as "regular". How
often those 35%-40% are using the service ? To do what ? How much they
spend for data services ?  When we would have those figures, then we'll
be able to comment.

And additionally, what is a "3G" service ? Do users are using 3G
exclusive service or they mostly use services that already exist in 2.5G
(like games, ringtones, etc..)

Be very careful with that kind of assumptions. The details matters.

Cedric Nicolas
Bouygues Telecom