(keitai-l) Japanese Java Phones with Great Performance

From: Claus Hoefele <claus.hoefele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 06/14/04
Hi all,

In order to compare Japanese Java phones with GSM ones, I would like
to ask you for your experience with performance. Which phones do you
think have the fastest Java implementation? I'm interested in general
performance as well as 3d performance in particular. Are there any
statistics available in the Internet?

Phones I'm interested in:
- screen should be about QVGA
- if possible MIDP APIs (I think only KDDI and Vodafone support MIDP
1.0), so I can run the same Java applications for testing. But maybe I
could also port existing Java apps to DoJa & Co.
- Java application update possible without network. Is this possible?
There was a thread in this forum that mentioned the possibility to do
that with KDDI phones but it didn't explain how.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Claus