(keitai-l) Re: Amazon Japan Payment Security

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <andrew.shuttleworth_at_gmail.com>
Date: 06/20/04
Thanks for the replies Gerard, Curt and Kyle.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:24:15 +0900, Gerhard Fasol
<fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:

> I do not know the percentage, but I guess it's around 10% of
> all Tokyo-Osaka Shinkansen tickets are sold through imode,
> that is also not an official site.

What is the URL of the shinkansen ticket site? How do they implement
payment? Can you put your credit card number in on your phone or do
you have to have an existing account including your credit card
details set up already?

I guess my question is it common practice to have people submit their
credit card details for purchases using phones? My understanding was
that settlement systems was one of the big issues for the unofficial
sites, although I've not been following the mobile market as much as I
used to for the past couple of years and am trying to catch up.

Just for interest I tried forwarding the full URL I sent earlier to a
friend's DoCoMo phone. That person could visit the site but when they
got to the purchase page they had to input a user name and password,
whereas when I visited the same URL on my phone I had the option of
1-click purchase (and from past experience this really does mean
1-click). Therefore they must be using some sort of identifier to know
that I am me and I assume this requires being an official menu site.

Thanks in advance for any further comments

Andrew
www.tabemo.com