(keitai-l) Re: Can any of the dual GSM/CDMA phones be used overseas on other networks ?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 06/22/04
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Claus Hoefele wrote:

> All three operators try their best to make it impossible to use their
> phones outside Japan, even for offline demonstration usage. Wonder
> why.

I suspect the big worry is transfer of content between users. They want
to make sure that if you've downloaded an appli or ringtone or whatever,
you can't give it to your friends. Content providers, especially in
the popular media biz (pop music, movies, etc.) tend to be extremely
paranoid about sharing of their content.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org