(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode push technology

From: Shawn <javajunkie_at_koyuru.com>
Date: 08/04/04
> Its an interesting idea, I think an iappli may be a viable solution. You'd
> have to keep the iappli running and check for updates every hour or so.
> packet charges may be a problem though.
>
> On second thought, this may be more of a pull technology.

Currently yes but if/when docomo supports midp2...

Push Architechture

With Release 2.0, MIDP now includes a server push model whereby MIDlets can be registered to be activated when a device receives information from a server. Application settings, which are a combination of default phone settings and end user settings, determine whether to prompt the user, start the MIDlet without prompting, or not start the MIDlet during the use of another MIDlet. The MIDP push architecture enables developers to leverage the event-driven capabilities of devices and carrier networks, and easily include alerts, messaging and broadcasts using a standard approach in MIDP applications.

--
Shawn

Karma is immutable, so act accordingly!