(keitai-l) error while downloading from a site

From: Tanya Breshears <tanyab_at_atr.jp>
Date: 08/30/04
Hello everyone,
I'm working on an i-appli, and testing with a Foma F2102V.  Since this
program needs a lot of icons, the first time the program runs I'm calling up
our site and downloading icons, then writing them to the scratchpad.  Later,
I read them off the scratchpad to show them on the screen.  This is all fine
and dandy on the emulator (DoCoMo's version 3.0) but crashes on the phone
(shocking, I know).  It starts up fine, brings up the splash screen, but
sometime while downloading the icons it fails and gives me the message
"error."  That's it.  I've tried wrapping my code in a try/catch statement
to get it to be more forthcoming, but no luck.  Must not be an exception
coming directly from my code?  I've set the size of the scratchpad to be
slightly more than I need, and I'm downloading from the same domain as the
i-appli was loaded from.  I'm supposed to be demo-ing this program in a day
and a half, and I'm basically working alone here, so I'd appreciate any help
I can get.

Thanks,
Tanya