Thank you very much for the help. I finally made it to work. The issue is with JavaMail MimeMessage.setSubject(), it uses Q encoding. So the encoded result is:
After switching to base-64, it worked like a charm.
From: Curt Sampson [mailto:cjs_at_cynic.net]
Sent: Wed 8/18/2004 10:10 PM
To: Kevin Chen
Subject: Re: (keitai-l) Japanese email for ezweb A3012CA
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Kevin Chen wrote:
> I'm trying to send emails to ezweb phones. The encoding I'm using
> is ISO-2022-JP, I set encoding for message body, subject and
> from address. Content type is set as "Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=ISO-2022-JP". For one ezweb phone, AU/Ezweb C413S, all three
> fields show up in Japanese correctly. But for A3012CA, the From and
> Subject fields cannot display Japanese while the message body displays
> the Japanese message fine.
[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]
Received on Fri Aug 20 14:20:36 2004