(keitai-l) Re: Embedded Linux Vs Symbian Vs T-Engine

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/15/04
Regarding the support issue:

I've done it both ways, and it's my experience that the best support you
can have is to have one or more developers in house with the ability to
fix bugs and build a new release. Anything else is second-rate, because
you're depending on another company that has its own priorities.

Some operating systems make it easier than others to achieve that state.

Of course, support is not the only thing; there are many other issues as
well. I will address some of these in a separate post.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***