(keitai-l) Re: Embedded Linux Vs Symbian Vs T-Engine

From: Neil Hopcroft <neil-keitai_at_hopcroft.org.uk>
Date: 09/15/04
> > If a mass market handset has a software bug - then it needs to be
> > fixed, and fixed NOW.
>
>A THINK most Linux bugs are fixed 30 or so minutes after being
>reported. Or not much more than that.... And by "fixed now" I assume
>the product recall is going to happen instantaneously? So some pretty
>generous values of "now" as well.

During the development phase 24 hour defect turnaround is practical. I
would be extremely wary of fixes turned around quicker than that since they
plainly haven't been tested properly (some can be 'verified by inspection',
but that is a minority when you're talking about the kinds of problems you
encounter making a handset).

Neil