(keitai-l) Re: Welcome back Nokia

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_pukupi.com>
Date: 09/24/04
On 2004 Sep 23, , at 03:28, Benedict Evans wrote:

> suspect that the Vodabranding on the Nokia will only stretch as far as
> Vodafone live link on the application screen and a red theme. And if
> all
> else fails, you could buy one SIM-free and totally open in Europe and
> put
> your Vodafone Japan (or DoCoMo) SIM into it

I hope Vodafone only applies a cosmetic interface to the 6630. Although
you need a separate base station for video calls, an open Series 60
mobile is worth the sacrifice.

I'm already using a Nokia 7600 with my Vodafone Japan USIM but if I was
to upgrade to another unsubsidised mobile, Motorola's UIQ powered A1000
looks pretty tempting: http://www.symbian.com/phones/mot_a1000.html

Kyle

--

mobile web gear | pukupi.com