(keitai-l) Mobile Phone makes pacemaker user felt sick

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 09/29/04
Dear List,

a lot of dicussion has been around the negative effect of mobile phones on pacemaker users. This article below explores the issue and then comes to an unwillingly "funny" conclusion:

Nagoya Makes Signals for Mobile Phones Inoperative on Subways, Platforms
http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/CID/onair/asabt/news/327419

Quote: "...According to the railway companies' spokesmen and officials in charge of this issue, they have not received any reports of trouble between a mobile phone holder and a pacemaker user. However, there was a report from Sapporo, Hokkaido that a pacemaker user felt sick by just seeing a handset, they said."

I know its a serious issue for people who have to wear pacemakers, but the way the article described it made me laugh nevertheless.

Cheers,
Andrea