(keitai-l) Re: economist link

From: Eric Hildum <EricHildum_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 12/07/04
Actually, steam engines can move at a pretty good clip if they need to.
The real issues are water usage, fuel (water and fuel need to be loaded
frequently), particulate pollution, and the need for a highly skilled
fireman to make sure that you have the right amount of steam for what
you need to do next (up the mountain, then enough for the brakes on the
other side, etc.) - this is the job that required the skill in the cab
- the driver just has to obey the speed limits and track signals as he
sees them.
Eric
On Dec 7, 2004, at 2:05 AM, nick may wrote:

>> Did you try taking a steam engine pulled train from
>> Tokyo to Osaka recently?
>
> Your analogy does not work. Steam trains go slowly. Let me ask you -
> how will a 3 second "I'm on the train" phone call over the 3G network
> be "better" than the one over the 2G network?

-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s