(keitai-l) Re: Premium-priced SMS in Japan

From: Nina Nordlund <nina.nordlund_at_hpbazaar.com>
Date: 12/16/04
> intent of this question was, to my mind, not at all about SMS as a
> messaging system but about SMS as a payment model.

yes, that was what I was after, and we are not intending to launch an SMS
premium-based service model in Japan ;)

I know that SMS is not used in Japan, so I was wondering what is used
instead for transaction-based payments. I got a quite good answer that the
operators have now such a model in place (only for official content
providers?) in addition to the subscription-based payment model, and then
the creditcard payment is one possibility. It will be interesting to see,
how the felica & edy and other mobile payment methods will become integrated
with the mobile content purchases...
I assume that you are (or will be) be able to pay for your mobile content
using these payment methods as well.

Best, Nina

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]