(keitai-l) Re: Vodafone does FeliCa

From: Colin Belton <colinbelton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 03/01/05
Peter Van der Weeen wrote:

>Is JR storing this information on their servers or is this information
>kept on the card itself?
>(I know the station and fare info is printed on the back of my old IO
>card and would be suprised if they'd be storing all that data elsewhere)

Silly me. Of course it is the data on the card. Anyway, I hope the data
is just on the card. But if it is possible in Singapore...
I doubt there would be much merit in keeping such data for a long period
of time. I suppose they could use the data for analyzing consumer
behavior, but would it really be worth it?

Colin Belton

mohit wrote:

In Singapore, you can check the last 20 transactions you made at a
machine in the railway stations - this is retrieved from the card.  You
can check up to 20 transactions that you made in the last three days
(excluding the day of enquiry) over the web - this is retrieved from a
database, using your ID.