(keitai-l) Re: handset customization question

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/10/05
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> If you live in Japan, you will know that i-mode
> response time is typically 3-7 seconds for official menu sites,
> To achieve this very fast response time - typically faster than
> fixed line internet...

This is not anywhere near as fast as fixed-line Internet in Japan. On
my fibre connection at work, yahoo.co.jp pages, including all graphics,
typically load in well under a second. My DSL at home is almost as
quick, too.

That's not to say that the i-Mode response times are long enough to be
uncomfortable, but it's always been my perception of it that it's "slow"
to browse on compared to the fixed line stuff I've used here.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***        http://www.keitai-dev.net/wiki/         ***