(keitai-l) Re: Fukuoka Kyushu 3G Vodafone coverage

From: Gavin Brock <gavin_at_brock-family.org>
Date: 05/15/05
On May 14, 2005, at 11:41 PM, dc wrote:

> Well, the VF 3G network has been down in shibuya area (and maybe
> most of
> tokyo according to the expression of the woman at the VF store) since
> about 3pm today. This seems like it should be news really... with the
> Nokia handsets they have no PDC capability.

Does this mean that some VF 3G have PDC backup channels. My Nokia
702NK is impossible to rely on these days.

Is everybody suffering from being unable to receive calls? I'm always
able to ring out, but incoming calls went to voicemail.  Outgoing SMS
also seems to be failing.

This really sucks. I can count my life with Vodafone in days at this
rate (been on Voda-J-phone for 5+ years). What is the second best
(gaijin geek) phone to the crippled Nokia 6630?

Gavin