(keitai-l) Re: Fukuoka Kyushu 3G Vodafone coverage

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/16/05
This is interesting - could people sending horror/praise stories say
where in Japan they are...

I gather 3G cells "breathe" - they get smaller as more people use them.
Thus if one cell goes down, and more use an adjacent cell, the actual
coverage area of the adjacent cell decreases, exacerbating the
problem...

Is this correct?

A big concern I have is that when Apple get round to supporting the
6630 in Tiger, it will want to install an iSync file that the Voda
lockdown will prevent....

The situation regarding smartphones in Japan is REALLY atrocious - in
many ways WE HAVE THE WORST 3G SMARTPHONE ACCESS IN THE WORLD.

Nick