(keitai-l) Re: Fukuoka Kyushu 3G Vodafone coverage

From: Hugh Ashton <hughashton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 05/16/05
On 16/05/2005 11:22, "nick may" <nick@kyushu.com> wrote:

> A big concern I have is that when Apple get round to supporting the
> 6630 in Tiger, it will want to install an iSync file that the Voda
> lockdown will prevent....

I did hack the config files in Tiger, and get the iSync to recognize the
6630. I manually installed the iSync daemon on the V702NK and actually got
it to start after a reboot (that's what it said it was doing, anyway). But
of course iSync refused to work with it.

My guess is that Apple have got into bed with the 3rd-party Ruedo (or
whatever they call themselves) and have no way of cutting the ties to this
contract.

> The situation regarding smartphones in Japan is REALLY atrocious - in
> many ways WE HAVE THE WORST 3G SMARTPHONE ACCESS IN THE WORLD.

Don't know - never tried to use a smartphone elsewhere in the world :-) But
I agree with you that it is atrocious.

Hugh