(keitai-l) Re: users of DoCoMo's videocall?

From: dc <lister_at_pikkle.com>
Date: 05/24/05
> does anybody have an idea on the spread and popularity of DoCoMo's
> videocalls?
> how many users are there approximately?

anecdotally, hardly anyone. even among my friends whose companies are
paying their phone bills, I dont think I have seen anyone ever make a 2nd
videocall. Try it out, forget it.
The downloadable video clip services are fairly well-known to be barren of
subscribers. the phone is not a playback device.

has anyone else seen video calls? in public anywhere? maybe there is a
thriving sub-community of people using it at home in private...

/dc

> who uses them?
> what are they primarily used for: to chat with friends, engage others
> in shopping? or to show business partners products and work sites?
> how is the service doing currently?

[ excessive quoting removed by moderator ]