(keitai-l) Re: smartphones in Japan (was: Fukuoka Kyushu 3G Vodafone coverage)

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 05/30/05
Sorry for late reply.

For example comparing au A5407CA to vodafone 802SE, here are the small
features found on A5407CA but not on 802SE

1. alarms
-5 alarms
-each can be set to to daily, certain days, weekdays, weekends and one
time.
-each alarm can be set to display both message and picture

2. picture/video editor

3. privacy features
-8 different access locks
-5 different incoming call restriction

4. one-step access to enable/disable "manner mode", add one more step
and you have a choice of various combinations of manner mode (sound,
vibration, recording etc).

And so on.

I don't know all non-native Japanese handsets, but I tried Nokia 6650,
Motorola A1000 and the result is more or less the same.