(keitai-l) Re: Safari/khtml

From: S.Woodside <simon_at_semacode.com>
Date: 06/16/05
With the 6630 Series 60 picked up the pace to a reasonable level.

That said, if you want a decent browser it's pretty much got to have
some weight to it. Most "real" web pages need to be rendered in "tag
soup" mode in which you are looking at mark up that is very hard to
give a simple analysis.

On the other hand, KHTML is considered among the open source browsers
to be the light weight, well, at least to compared to Mozilla, which
I've worked on, which is REALLY a heavyweight codebase.

Also people say that the KHTML code is easier to approach. The Mozilla
code can be somewhat frightening (from personal experience), and a lot
of the people who munch the code have been doing it since the Netscape
days.

--simon