(keitai-l) Sharp 902

From: John Whelan <john.whelan_at_alatto.com>
Date: 08/23/05
The Sharp 902 3G handset from Sharp has a very nice feature where you can
output video from handset to RCA 3 jack connectors with a supplied cable.
This is intended primarily for viewing videos and pictures on TV screen etc.
for punters.

While playing around with it I did (once) manage to output the browser and
j2me games direct to external video. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this
and when I go to browser the external feed goes dead. As you might
appreciate it is a very useful feature for demo'ing mobile internet apps or
J2ME to large groups - exactly as it appears on the handset. Far superior to
any emulator for example.

Anybody tried this and been able to get it to work more than once? The
manual supplied isn't much help and just assumes that you only want to
output video or images. It is probably a combination of settings or sequence
of events and may even be  "bug".

Thanks for any help

John

http://www.alatto.com/blog/blog.html