(keitai-l) Re: web form, aspmail, japanese and ezweb encoding

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/31/05
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Kris Honeycutt wrote:

> ...however approx. 50% of the time Japanese in mail from AU handsets
> is coming in scrambled as all questionmarks. This includes the name
> and message field. I have tried a number of encoding options in the
> ASP using CustomCharSet, but none seem to remedy the problem.

Make sure your web page is actually specifiying the encoding (AU is the
one provider that can use encodings other than Shift-JIS), and when you
send the mail, also ensure that you have proper MIME headers on the mail
itself. It may help to convert the mail to ISO-2022-JP before sending it.

At any rate, this stuff is painful, and the only real way to figure out
what's going on is to trace it step by step, for each transfer of the
data.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***