(keitai-l) Re: questions abt Japanese phonecams, focal distance

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 08/31/05
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Kris Honeycutt wrote:

> Many companies tend to display them much to large on their web sites, making
> them useless to cameras that do not have a macro switch. I learned this
> first hand as one of my previous foma handsets did not. What this meant is
> that by the time I had the camera far enough away from the screen to get the
> entire code in, it would be out of focus.

Uh....hm? You mean you couldn't take your phone *out* of macro mode when
reading a barcode?

That's not good, since some companies do really big (50 cm on a side) QR
codes on posters, designed to be read while standing a couple of meters away.

Anyway, more anecdotal stuff: the QR code on my business card is about 1
cm on a side, and is a 23 x 23 code. Most phones seem to read it ok.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***