(keitai-l) Re: Auto-Login for Vodafone Phones

From: Neale Rudd <neale_at_metawerx.net>
Date: 10/13/05
Hi,

>>> This is important because some keitai don't support POST, and
>>> translate every request into a GET.

>>Really! Which ones are these?

I'm also very interested in which handsets do this.  None of the handsets
in Australia that I've developed for display this behaviour.
Are these Japanese-local handsets only?

It's also interesting to note that a lot of the i-mode handsets here have
a 256 byte limit on URL's.  This makes the use of GET-based forms
unrealistic for many situations.  Some servers also impose a limit of
2048 bytes on URL length.  I've never heard of a 4k limit however.
Is this also something specific to the Japanese-local handsets?

Best Regards,
Neale Rudd
metawerx
http://www.metawerx.net