(keitai-l) List Policy

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 10/17/05
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Mika Tuupola wrote:

> 	Since I don't believe in cencorship (the only things cencored in
> 	this list are corporate press releases and emails containing
> 	legal disclaimers) I will approve the two last messages in
> 	moderator queue for this thread.

Actually, this brings up a couple of administrative points.

1. Censorship is a pretty strong word; I would suggest we leave it
to the sense where someone is prevented from saying something *at
all*, rather than in just a particular forum. (Otherwise censorship is
rampant; I can't say anything I want in the New York Times, even if I
try to purchase it as an advertisement.)

2. People's opinions about sensitive issues such as racism aside,
there's little question in my mind that this whole discussion has little
or nothing to do with keitai, and if the list charter is that discussion
should be more-or-less keitai-related, dropping those posts would to my
mind be extremely consistent with list policy.

3. It's interesting information that you kill press releases.
(Also welcome, in fact; usually their signal-to-noise ratio
is not that useful.) That prompted me to head over to
http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ to re-read the list policy, and then
I realized there wasn't one. You might want to consider putting one up;
it would be an aid to those who are just discovering the list, and don't
have the long-term participation experience to guide them as to what is
and isn't a suitable post.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***