(keitai-l) Re: FYI - GPS in Japan

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 10/26/05
Anyone know how automatically to get a lat/long from a JP numeric
postal address? (I know there are services for US addresses.)

e.g

  810-0022-7-8-78-789 => 31.90980808 123.4897979

re GPS

I am a bit hazy on gps - it is only active when calls are made,
presumably... Will we be able to switch it off?

I hope no-one (that thoughtful governor  chap up in Tokyo, for
example) gets the bright idea of linking the  "gaijin-toerag" numbers
(that gaijin have to give when we rent the keitai in the first place)
to the gps, and doing real time tracking....

JP's don't have to give any unique number to rent a keitai, do they?

Nick