(keitai-l) Re: WURFL

From: Andrea Trasatti <atrasatti_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12/02/05
On 11/29/05, Mike Sheetal <msheetal@cyber-media.co.jp> wrote:
> A little while ago I had some questions about WURFL
> (http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/) in the Japanese market. After a whole
> bunch of research and checking things out it looks like we will be
> pushing forward with creating and maintaining a Japanese patch that we
> will donate back into the main code base.
>
> Some of the features we will be initially focussing as the most
> important to add are ...
>
> flash_lite_1_1 (possibly implemented as flash_lite_version with the
> value being the version number)
> flash_lite_download_limit
> xhtmlmp_preferred_mime_type
> xhtml_preferred_charset
> html_web_3_2
> html_web_4_0
> xhtml_format_as_css_property
> xhtml_supports_table_for_layout
> xhtml_supports_css_cell_table_coloring
>
> for those of you familiar with WURFL, do any of you have any
> recommendations on some of the most useful features from WURFL that
> should be implemented as a priority.
>
> also, we will be making the patch file public and offering it back to
> the main code base, so if anyone would like to donate any collected
> data that we could add in any parsable format (wurfl patch, other xml,
> csv etc ) we would be more than happy to integrate it.
>
> I will also try to set up a system for submitting and bug reporting
> that will be monitored by one of my team here.
>
> any comments / suggestions welcome on or off list.
> (apologies,  I will be cross posting a similar mail to wmlprogramming
> list)

Hello Mike,
    it was great to read your email on wmlprogramming, you have all
our support and hope that we will be able to cross-link sites and
hopefully provide your patch directly from the WURFL site (or with a
direct link to your download pages) as soon as it's ready.

You have all our support.

If anyone has comments not only regarding this initiative, but the
entire WURFL, please let me know.

Kind regards

--

Andrea Trasatti