(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Web Development in Japan: A Tag Soup Tale

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/07/05
On 7 Dec 2005, at 17:23, Kyle Barrow wrote:
> The CSS media tag allows you do this without the need for the third
> site branch. You can see this in action if you point Opera over to
> http://pukupi.com and switch between small-screen and full screen
> modes.

I can't see this as my opera has expired.... Does it actually put
more links on the site, allow new technologies - etc etc - or just
change the layout of the page?

I mean - could one use this trick for  google map display code?

in the 702NK built in browser it just shows

"welcome to minimalist nirvana, the mobile version of Pukupi"

my understanding is that the css media tag is just for layout - not
information architecture...

Nick